For some interesting free weather software, check out www.windy.com
Top Ten Ways You Know You Just Might Be Married To a Ham
10) His favorite superheroes are Marconi and Tesla.
9) His sense of wellbeing is tied to the sunspot cycle.
8) His electric shaver has a backup diesel generator.
7) He shows you his PL-259 connector.
6) For a romantic honeymoon, he chooses Dayton over Tahiti.
5) He rates your love making in S units.
4) He buys you an HT for your anniversary.
3) He attaches a mag mount antenna to the baby’s stroller.
2) When whispering sweet nothings in your ear, he ID’s every few minutes.
1) When the moment is right, he is on the radio….
From the February 2011 edition of the LIMARC LOG
73 Magazine for FREE
Published from 1960 through 2001, 73 Magazine aka Amateur Radio Today is now available online from the non-profit Internet Archive: https://archive.org/details/73-magazine
RSVPs to an Invitation to the Scientists’ Millennium Ball
- Ampere was worried he wasn’t current.
- Audubon said he’d have to wing it.
- Boyle said he was under too much pressure.
- Darwin waited to see what evolved.
- Descartes said he’d think about it.
- Dr. Jekyll declined – he hadn’t been feeling himself lately.
- Edison thought it would be illuminating.
- Einstein thought it would be relatively easy to attend.
- Gauss was asked to attend because of his magnetic personality.
- Hawking tried to string enough time together to make space in his schedule.
- Heisenberg was uncertain that he could make it.
- Hertz said in the future he planned to attend with greater frequency.
- Mendel said he’d put some things together and see what came out.
- Morse’s reply: “I’ll be there on the dot. Can’t stop now, must dash.”
- Newton planned to drop in.
- Ohm resisted the idea.
- Pavlov was drooling at the thought.
- Pierre and Marie Curie were radiating enthusiasm.
- Schrodinger had to take his cat to the vet, or did he?
- Stephenson thought the whole idea was loco.
- Volta was electrified, and Archimedes (was) buoyant at the thought.
- Watt reckoned it would be a good way to let off steam.
- Wilbur Wright accepted, provided he and Orville could get a flight.
*Lagniappe: (LAN-yap) “A little something extra.”