This page serves as a current status of the SPARC remote station. Members utilizing the system via the remotehams.com software can check here for the latest equipment status or other information concerning the remote. If you are a SPARC club member and want to use the remote, please go to remotehams.com and get the software. Here is a direct link but please also read the Getting Started guide (note you should search for SPARC to find our remote).
If you are a SPARC member and want to be able to connect to the remote, please email email@example.com to gain receive access and schedule a “check-ride” on the equipment in person at SPARC to gain TX privileges.
Current Remote Settings
This current status display is still in the experimental stage. It is not accurate at the moment.
- Frequency: 28050000
- Mode: CW
- S-Meter: S3,3,21
- Forward Power: 0000
- VSWR: 0.00
- Rotor Direction: 335 degrees
All bands 80-6 are available.
6m thru 20m – Log Periodic
30m – Dipole
40m – Sigma Vertical Dipole
80m and 160m – Doublet Inverted Vee
Rotor Control through Green Heron Rt21
The antennas are selected automatically withthe Top Ten Devices Band Decoder
Amplifier is offline (please be sure to set it to standby when you disconnect and lower the power level if you use the amp)
The remote is available evenings and weekends (except contest weekends).
- KPA1500 installation (pending its arrival hopefully in March)
- The radio used for the remote is an Elecraft K3. This radio has a 1.8Khz SSB filter and a second receiver.
- The amplifier is an SPE 1.3K-FA 1300 watt amplifier. This is not currently enabled for the remote.
- For 20m, 17m, 15m, 12m and 10m, the antennas is a Tennadyne Log Periodic up 50 feet.
- 160m and 80m (Doublet)
- 40m Force 12 Sigma vertical
- 6m – Note the Log Periodic seems to work OK with the tuner in the K3
- Green Heron RT-21 Rotor Controller
- Top Ten Devices Band Decoder
- Array Solutions Six Pak antenna switch
- HP Elite Pro Desktop Computer
- CyberPower UPS
- Raspberry Pi router and VPN server
- Digital Loggers Web Power Switch
- Lantronix EDS4100 Serial Device Server