Current Remote Settings
Due to the antenna/tower damage, only 40 meters is available until further notice.
You can receive on other bands with the 40 meter antenna but it will not transmit.
- RemoteHams Status: Powered Off but Available
- Mode: CW
- Radio Status:
- Frequency: -0.001 Mhz.
- Band: -1 meters
- Beam heading: 95
- Amplifier Mode: Standby
- Forward Power: 0000 watts
- Reverse: watts
This page serves as a current status of the SPARC remote station. Members utilizing the system via the remotehams.com software can check here for the latest equipment status or other information concerning the remote. If you are a SPARC club member and want to use the remote, please go to remotehams.com and get the software. Here is a direct link but please also read the Getting Started guide (note you should search for SPARC to find our remote).
If you are a SPARC member and want to be able to connect to the remote, please email email@example.com to gain receive access and schedule a “check-ride” on the equipment in person at SPARC to gain TX privileges.
40 meters only.
40m – Sigma Vertical Dipole
Rotor Control through Green Heron Rt21
The antennas are selected automatically withthe Top Ten Devices Band Decoder
Amplifier is online
The remote is available except contest weekends.
- KPA1500 installation (Complete)
- The radio used for the remote is an Elecraft K3. This radio has a 1.8Khz SSB filter and a second receiver.
- The amplifier is an KPA1500 15400 watt amplifier.
- For 20m, 17m, 15m, 12m and 10m, the antennas is a Tennadyne Log Periodic up 50 feet.
- 160m and 80m (Doublet)
- 40m Force 12 Sigma vertical
- 6m – Note the Log Periodic seems to work OK with the tuner in the K3
- Green Heron RT-21 Rotor Controller
- Top Ten Devices Band Decoder
- Array Solutions Six Pak antenna switch
- HP Elite Pro Desktop Computer
- CyberPower UPS
- Raspberry Pi router and VPN server
- Digital Loggers Web Power Switch
- Lantronix EDS4100 Serial Device Server