SPARC Club meetings will return to being held in person beginning with the routine March meeting on the first Friday of every month. The first meeting, on March 5th, might be a little bumpy so we appreciate everyone’s patience as we all work through the kinks. Here are some useful points to consider when planning to attend:
- The Executive Board and the overall majority of attendees for the January meeting agreed that an outdoor, carefully planned event would be something most would consider attending.
- All CDC guidelines that can be reasonably adhered to, will be. The meeting is being held outdoors, mask wearing is encouraged if you are near others, all will be asked to adhere to good social distance efforts to protect each other throughout.
- Zoom participation: we will provide an audio/video feed to the regular zoom meeting but will not be able to take “check-ins” or have zoom participants respond to the larger group.
Meeting Attendance information
- The meeting will be held in the church parking lot at our usual location, 4901 5th Ave. N. in St. Petersburg.
- The meeting will start at 7:30ish PM based on everyone being comfortable and the AV equipment cooperating.
- Please bring and wear a mask, and bring and use hand sanitizer.
- Practice safe social distancing when chatting with your friends at the club, be sure to leave space between groups of chairs.
- Chairs (no tables) will be provided from the church, but you are absolutely encouraged to bring your own more comfortable lawn chair if you would prefer.
- Please avoid parking in the 2 spots closest to the building in each row. We will coordinate to block these spots off, or work with you to relocate, but if you could avoid those spots it will give all more room to spread out.
- We will have a sound system and will have a presentation.
- Please feel free to bring snacks and drinks but please plan on taking any garbage with you. We want to continue to be welcomed at the church by being good neighbors.
- While CDC social distancing guidelines will be followed, ultimately you are the best one to determine if you should attend a meeting–even outdoors–with other people. Please take due care to keep yourself safe. If in doubt or if you are experiencing any symptoms, please attend the meeting via Zoom.
We will update the website, send an email, and make announcements during the 6:00pm pre-net if we are unable to hold the meeting due to weather.
We are all excited to get things moving back towards normal, and while we are not there yet, we believe we can have a safe meeting. Although there are many that have not received their vaccine, and others who are just simply too high risk to attend, we want to make every effort to have a safe. fun meeting and cannot wait to see all of you again.
Be safe and take care,